Special Guest Blog
By Robbin Steif
Whether it’s for your website, mobile site, mobile app, or any other digital property, measuring data drives better decision making, as it gives you an idea of what’s working – and what isn’t – in your company’s digital outreach strategy. And the best part? You can do this for free. That’s right – free! All you need to do is set up an account with Google Analytics.
Here’s how to get started:
- Login on the Google Analytics homepage with your Google account (or create a new account if you don’t already use Google services).
- Click the “Home” vertical You should see a default dashboard.
- Click the email option (highlighted in green).
- Enter your email address. This will allow you to select to receive weekly, monthly, or even quarterly analytical reports delivered in a PDF straight to your inbox!
Once you’ve figured out the basics, here’s how you can use Google Analytics to better monetize your online outreach:
- Measuring analytics allows you to figure out what keywords turn into online success – then you’ll know what to target or buy in the search engines for SEO optimization.
- Analytics lets you research, at little to no cost, what your customers are looking for. (And then maybe you’ll go design those pale-green wrist-warmers or mocha boots that your visitors crave.)
- Through analytics, you will be able discover which events or screens your visitors enjoy and spend time with (which might turn into advertising dollars for you) and which content is just a waste of your precious creation time.
So, what are you waiting for? Start measuring your site’s analytics today!
Robbin Steif is the owner of LunaMetrics, one of the few women-owned Google Analytics Certified Partners. She is a member of the Pittsburgh II chapter of the Women Presidents’ Organization.