“Ask Marsha” by Marsha Firestone, Ph.D.
Each year, we receive hundreds of applicants vying for the distinction of being named one of the 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies™. The widely anticipated list generates significant media coverage all over the world. While applicants do not have to be WPO members, all eligible companies are ranked according to a sales growth formula that combines percentage and absolute growth. To be qualified for the ranking, businesses are required to be privately held, woman-owned or led, and must generate annual revenue of at least $500,000.
We launched the 50 Fastest in 2007 to focus much-needed attention on the vital role that women-owned/led companies have in boosting the economy and absolute growth. Looking back at 2015, one of the most memorable achievements was the opportunity to write a book based on some of these extraordinary women, The Women Presidents’ Organization 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies™ Guide to Growth, Sponsored by American Express.
This generous support from American Express enabled us to share fifteen highly personal and inspirational stories of accomplished entrepreneurs, their tribulations and triumphs. We wanted the inside scoop, from the bumps they encountered along the way to what it felt like when they first realized all the hard work and sacrifice was worth it.
These particularly impressive women address the five areas that change the most when a business scales:
- Lacy Starling, President, Legion Logistics
- Nina Vaca, Chairman and CEO, Pinnacle Group
- Shelly Sun, CEO, BrightStar Care
- Mary Kariotis, President and CEO, Merrimak Capital Company
- Rebecca Thomley, President and CEO, Orion Associates/Morning Star Financial Services
- Pamela O’Rourke, President and CEO, ICON Information Consultants, LP
- June Ressler, President and CEO, Cenergy International Services
- Sonia N. Hines, President, H&S Resources Corporation
- Leslie A. Firtell, Esq., CEO, Tower Legal Solutions
- Shazi Visram, Founder and CEO, Happy Family
- Shari Spiro, CEO, Ad Magic Games
- Cindy Monroe, Founder and CEO, Thirty-One Gifts
- Phyllis Newhouse, President and CEO, Xtreme Solutions, Inc.
- Denise Wilson, President and CEO, Desert Jet
- Kara Trott, CEO, Quantum Health
To read more click here.