While Black Friday and Cyber Monday drive sales to national chains and retailers, Small Business Saturday recognizes the importance of Small Business to our economy and local communities.
Spread the word about Small Business Saturday with sharing tools on, facebook.com/smallbusinesssaturday and through Twitter using the hashtag #SmallBusinessSaturday
The impact small businesses make to today’s economy – some useful data include:
• For every $100 spent in locally-owned independent stores, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures.
• According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, an estimated 27.5 million small business operated in the United Sates in 2009, and they created 65 percent of net new jobs.
• 91% of Americans have local small businesses that they would miss if they close, finds American Express OPEN.
• 92% of Americans agree small business success is critical to our economy – according to American Express OPEN.
• 99% of Americans agree it’s important to support small businesses they value in their community – finds American Express OPEN.
• According to American Express OPEN, 90% of Americans would personally pledge their support for a “buy local” movement in their communities to support small businesses they value.